Sunday, November 19, 2006

Good sources for free sewing patterns

Since I bought my first sewing machine a few weeks back previously (a Brother XL2230 for $99 on Amazon) I've been scouting around the web to find as many free ideas as possible. This is cause I am a stingy bastard at the moment and wish to have a positive net worth before I leave grad school instead of the minus somethingty thousand I am on at the moment. Anyway, it's slightly tricky to find decent resources but the following seem good and aren't just lists of links to other sites. these really have original, good, content.

Allfreecrafts
SavvySeams
Husqvarna Viking Patterns

Actually, it really seems that with everybody and their mother and grandfather and grandfathers dog on the internet there seems to be more and more links to lists of links, and not enough actual, quality content. I remember reading someone claiming that was going to be the next big revolution online, and I'm starting to believe it... maybe I'll get my thoughts together enough to actually create a coherent, independent (actual, quality, content) post about it.

No comments: